Sunday, October 18, 2009

Magazine Obama Cover

I just finished reading Michelle Malkin's blog about the Best Obama Magazine Cover. I used to get Rolling Stone in the mail, but after the 4th Obama cover I cancelled my subscription. It was getting ridiculous, like Michelle said: they are Obama cultists. I can understand him being on the cover of magazines, but 5 times on the cover of Rolling Stone is too many. Once a reader wrote in and said "RS and Obama need to get a room". And I totally agree, people need to stop giving him this godly light, it is getting so annoying. Michelle even quoted in her blog "Didn’t we see a gazillion, halo-encircled hagiographic photos capturing the “quiet charisma” and ineffable glow over the last two years?" I don't think I've seen a photo of him that portrays him as a real person. If he is a man for the people, then why isn't he more like us in pictures? Why must he look like he is above us, the Chosen One?
Probably the only people reading Michelle's blog agree with her so her intended audience are people that think and feel the way she does, but I can hope that at least one Obama worshiper stumbles onto her site and feels a little ashamed of their worshiping.
Why did the Magazine Publishers of America feel the need to create a new category this year just for Obama? I don't know but I didn't know Obama was a category like sports, nature, or food. But whatever.... if that's what floats people's boats, fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment